High Rolling Celebrities
Every year Forbes releases their list of the World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities – and it is always a star-studded lineup. From rock and movie stars alike, the list is a who’s who of some of our favorite contemporary celebrities. That said, some of their total income’s are absolutely stunning! Keep reading to find out which star brought in the most money this year!
- Floyd Mayweather: The 38 year old boxer from Grand Rapids, Michigan, tops this list as making a whopping $300 million this year. Though he stands at just 5’8”, that amount of money surely stacks up taller than any human! Mayweather owes his fortune to his boxing prowess, and he currently possess a record of 46 wins, 0 losses, and 26 wins by TKO.
- Manny Pacquiao: Perhaps surprisingly, second on this list is another boxer who you may have heard of! A native of the Philippines, Pacquiao garnered $160 million,. He began boxing at just 16 years old, and even holds spot in the Philippine House of Representatives!
- Katy Perry: Perry performed during the Much-coveted Super Bowl Halftime Show in 2015, alongside Lenny Kravitz and Missy Elliott, and brought in a whopping $135 million in 2015.
- One Direction: One Direction made about $130 million in 2015, as the English-Irish boy band had an impactful year. Overall worldwide, they have sold over a whopping 50 million records, and share the stage with Justin Bieber as some of the most popular with teenagers.
- Howard Stern: The well-known “shock-jock,” and radio personality Howard Stern brought in $95 million in 2015, with him appearing as a judge on America’s Got Talent. This is in addition to Stern’s widely syndicated Sirius radio program as well.
- Garth Brooks: The country star had an income of $90 million in 2015, as he travels to perform over 170 shows in North America, ending on December 6th, 2015. Brooks has been recording and performing music since 1984, with a brief stint in retirement, which he came out of in 2009.
- James Patterson: While the 68 year old author may not come to mind when you think of who’s bringing in the big bucks, he has solder over 300 million books in his career nearly 40 year career. And, he made $89 million in 2015.
- Robert Downey Jr.: RDJ, as he’s affectionately called, has starred in a number of incredibly popular movies recently, most frequently as Tony Stark / Iron Man. He brought in a whopping $80 million in 2015, and with a new Captain America movie releasing in 2016, he ought to keep doing well for himself!
- Taylor Swift: With how much time she spends in front of the camera it may be a surprise that Swift wasn’t higher on the list! That said, she still did very well for herself, making $80 million dollars in 2015, especially for her young age.
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Here’s a name that you may not have heard if you don’t follow soccer. The 30 year old Portugese forward plays for Real Madrid C.F., and made $79.5 million this year. The incredibly soccer player talented is the world’s third-highest-paid athlete.
Leave A Comment